Our dogs (& cats) are scavengers, we owners know this. When was the last time you were able to set down a plate of food and leave the room with a dog present!?
So let's appeal to that natural instinct and feed our dogs in a more interesting way.
There are some excellent ideas on the Facebook group: Canine Enrichment. Here people share lots of homemade ideas for ways to feed their dogs.
Ways I feed Dita:
- From a kong
- From a food puzzle
- On a walk, rewarding for behaviours I want her to repeat
- Scattering in a cardboard box with tissue paper inside
- Clicker training in the house
- At a training class
- Scattered on grass (great way to calm a dog down)
- In her bowl (in the morning)
What you feed is just as important as how you feed. The website www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk is a great source of information. It rates food out of 5* and lets you search for your dogs size, age etc to find out good foods.
See my Facebook video for examples of Dita's food puzzles.